A committee of six leading scientists will chair this prevention-focused IAS COVID-19 Conference:
- Linda-Gail Bekker, (IAS Past President, University of Cape Town)
- Susan Buchbinder (IAS Governing Council member, University of California)
- Beatriz Grinsztejn (IAS Governing Council member, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz)
- Adeeba Kamarulzaman (IAS President, University of Malaya)
- Jennifer Kates (IAS Treasurer, Kaiser Family Foundation)
- Sharon Lewin (IAS President-Elect, University of Melbourne)
Prevention research submissions to the new conference will be accepted from 27 October to 24 November 2020 in the categories of basic science, vaccines, non-pharmaceutical prevention and global access and policy. Selected oral abstracts and posters will also be included in the programme.
Registration for the IAS COVID-19 Conference: Prevention opens on 4 November 2020. Those registered for the 4th HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P // VIRTUAL), hosted during the same period as the COVID-19 Conference, are automatically registered.